Tea and Avett Brothers. First time alone in this enormously beautiful but wholly empty house known as 7 Christow. Missing my famjam immensely but not completely hating this peace and quietude. (Although the complete inaudibility of human existence can be quite eerie at times.. our house has never felt so big!)
My solitude is, however, making me very aware of my approaching departure date and my fate to leave this beautiful city with its wonderful people and cheaply delivered sushi and wine.
With this nouvelle consciousness has come contemplations for those things I will most yearn for in the coming future.. or on the contrary, not so much, at all.
Things I wont miss signif:
-the multitude of creepy guys screaming, whistling, honking, hissing, etc.
-being a pedestrian with absolutely zero rights (it's actually a miracle I'm still alive, really)
-having to buy power.. and subsequently running out of power after lack of purchase.
-the inability to stream el videos. [On immediate return to my home after squeezing Winst and loving the fam/friends for a reasonably acceptable amount of time, I am locking myself in my room and submerging myself in the world of New Girl/Parenthood for seven plus days.]
-egocentric atms
-Did I mention the multitude of unwanted attention from creepy men? Ughhhh.
However, despite my obvious abhorrence for the things listed above, I would easily tolerate these unpleasant happenings for a great deal longer as they are nothing compared to the countless list of things I adore and will miss momentously!
To name a few:
-7 CHRISTOW
-seeing Table Mountain everyday.
-seeing the scenic beauty that is Cape Town everyday.
-all of thee magnificent, lovely souls I've encountered.
-avocados on everything!
-minicabs and their diverse selection of deafening tunes.
-umbrella thorns
-the super attractive (and nice!) checkout guy at Woolworths.
-straws at the grocery store checkout line.
-grapetizers to go with my straws.
-7 Christow some more.
-and as I'm returning to Michigan in January, I'll miss this 80-plus weather and the vast array of beautiful beaches.
-ohh and AfriCAT, of course. Just look at him keep me company while all my friends are dispersed:

