Tibetan Buddhism however, is the icing on the beautiful cake that is the Himalayas. With beings such as the Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa Rinpoche at the forefront of their school inspiring loving kindness and compassion in all of their followers, it reflects in this country through local Nepalese and Tibetan people alike. I've met some of the most beautiful kind locals and wish I could have met more.
I wasn't able to teach as planned, thus my stay was much shorter and I didn't get to interact with locals (okay children) as much as anticipated, but I was so blessed to get to spend the time that I did in such a beautiful region and to meet the people that I did!
Kathmandu itself is quite dirty, polluted, dusty, fast, and super over-populated- having grown immensely in the last decade! And while it is still incredibly beautiful, Kopan Monastery was a much needed retreat, to escape from the noise and dirtiness of the city.
It's truly been wonderful.
I love Nepal. I love Kopan. I will be back.
I have to anyway because the canyon swing was shut down and I didn't get to jump! ;) And of course- I never got to play on one of these:
