The
other volunteer Susan came today from Beijing and she’s only 16! I find this so
crazy, as I can’t imagine making this trip at that age. She’s been away from
home since she was 14, when she moved to the U.S. to attend private school and
learn English. I am interested to get to know her, as she seems very unique and
I’m not sure what to think.
Today Chris and Dom took us
around downtown Arusha and gave us the lowdown on where everything is. We went
to the internet café which is super close, and Susan found a Shanghai Chinese
restaurant that she was super excited about.
Later we went to the Meserani Snake
Park. Like the one in Kenya, they let me hold snakes and even alligators! It
was a lot of fun. We also got to go on camel tour and visit the Massai museum
which was super interesting.
Tomorrow is our first day at
the orphanage yayyy!