We even met this really nice local who pall
paid for our ride! When we arrived at
the orphanage the children were all sitting in the classroom. The teacher or
the director were not there. As soon as they saw me, they all ran up and hugged me! It was the
sweetest thing ever.
The teacher never did show up and I was on my own with the
kids all day. (#youknowyourinafricawhen) I used the little Swahili I did know
to teach them English and we played some games and they taught me some songs. It's so crazy to think that I'm on my own with these kids.. I think it's great
preparation for the future.. But oh my lord it can be exhausting! Today I brought
some nail polish because the girls are always coloring their nails with markers. They went absolutely crazy! They were so excited, so it was well worth the
fighting and flooding of fingers and toes!
( I start speaking I now because the other volunteer doing the program with me, Susan, usually reads and listens to her
headphones while I take on all the kids.. It's quite odd actually, I'm not sure why she's here.)
Regardless, I'm enjoying my time here thoroughly and I love spending time with the kids, exhausting or not.
I'm super excited to start some new projects and do what I can to get this orphanage off the ground! Twende Twende! Let's go!