Monday, June 11, 2012
Another hectic day at the orphanage. Again we arrived to the
children in the classroom with no teacher at all. I taught them again for most
of the morning until they were all saying “nimechoka, nimechoka” and pleaing
they were tired. I’m hoping the teacher will show up soon, because I’m running low on Swahili and I have no idea as to where the kids are at in their English
and what they have learned and not. I have so much fun teaching them, I just
feel it would be so much more effective if the teacher could help to translate
a bit or merely inform me as to what they have covered and what they haven’t.
Either way it will all be fine. Hakuna Matata. Hakuna Shida.
In other news I’ve curbed my addiction to coffee. However,
I’m still fighting my other ones: wine, tea, and IcyHot.