The last 18 hours of my life...pure air. Surprisingly it wasn't so dreadful as I started my initial flight with Disney's Tangled and a glass or red wine that resulted in sleep the rest of the 7 hours. We had a quick layover in Amsterdam followed by our second flight...this one 9 hours because apparently a volcano erupted in North Africa leading us to take the longer route over Saudi Arabia. Fortunately, Space Jam was amongst the collection of movies and I was able to sleep for the most of that one, as well. I would like to give a shout out to my narcoleptic ways as they truly helped me on this long journey.
We just left the airport in Nairobi about an hour ago and loaded in the vans to Methodist Guest House, where we're staying for the night. It's a pretty snazzy place:
Despite my constant rest while in the air, I'm still super exhausted and am so excited to sleep in a BED! Everyone's pretty sleep deprived as we lost about a 24 hours.
But tomorrow's a big day: We're touring Nairobi, and then driving to Meru for six hours loaded in vans... Can you say Lion King triology? :)
Until then... Much love and excitement!
Soundtrack to my plane ride:
Radiohead discography.
A Fine Day to Exit album by Anathema.

