Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just in time.

Today was a “just” day. These are one of my favorite types.

I caught the bus for Madrid just in time. Had just enough money. Arrived in La Puerta de Sol at just the right time to meet my group, that was just the right amount of people. I heard just enough stories in just enough places and had just enough coffee and wine to float through Madrid in ecstasy. I just caught bus 652 as it was leaving and I arrived home just in time for la siesta de la familia. Because honestly… after all of that beauty, my eyes just had to close.

The only things that weren’t just enough today were- the people , the energy, and the smiles- these were all MORE than enough.

There is something else that I can’t say more than enough:
The amount of beautiful, lovely, extraordinary individuals I have had the opportunity to meet while traveling and would have never have met otherwise never seizes to amaze me. Traveling opens so many doors and so many experiences and so many emotions. None that I would ever take back .
I would sit in a million long layovers, break down and cry in a thousand crowded streets, and dodge hundreds of creepy men. Because traveling has captured my soul and I cannot wait to head to my next destination and discover the beauty of humanity in all depths of the world. Traveling is everything. And this is just true.

Also I take back the creepy men part.. because some things are just too much!


In other news, Marcos as he walked out the door:  “Hola tat-a-lee” I just melted.


Some pictures from today:
Reflections of.. 
La Puerta de Sol

A book store next to the best place to get Churros in all of Madrid; open 22/7!


Meet Prince Phillip IV- one greedy bastard. 
I love this man. He sits in the same place everyday singing the same Neil Young songs. And I love him.
  
New friends :)
The Royal Palace or something
walking along, walking along...



OHHH and today I matched the flowers :)