Every city, every person has a story. (I just felt like saying that.)
In other news: I found the heart of Madrid.. well my heart at least.
Malasaña is my favorite part of Madrid. With adorable book stores, coffee shops, quirky stores, and street art, it is all I ever need. It reminds me of Kalk Bay in South Africa, although with the ocean right there, Kalk Bay still holds #1 on my list.
Some of my favorite finds:
This fun store called Nest:
![]() |
| They have such a unique range of gifts, you can find something for anybody. Or in my case... yourself :) |
J&J Books and Coffee:
![]() |
| Joint books stores and cafés are all you really need in life. But this one in Madrid actually has used English books, which are impossibly hard to find in Madrid. English? I'll take it. |
In May during the fiesta de San Isidro, they do yarn bombing in La Plaza Dos de Mayo. LOOK:
![]() |
| please know these are not my pictures... but doesn't it look SOOOO fun! |
I vow to return one May in the future accompanied by a posse of adorable children. Perhaps they'll be my own, perhaps not... But I will return.
Malasaña, you have my
heart.




