Saturday, September 28, 2013

train-ing

I have a love affair with trains.

 There is something about listening to your favorite playlist while staring out the window at beautiful scenery speeding by, that makes one feel so alive!

My love has escalated in Switzerland, as everything is so incredibly gorgeous. I could stare out the window endlessly. My only complaint is that things are just too close together. I'm never on the train for more than two hours. I could really live on the train, especially since you're free to bring your own bottle of wine and a few beers (this is not the case on the Amtrak, this is a whole other story- ask me and I will happily elaborate). The train is always such a pleasant experience, even if sometimes I cannot find a window seat. It always seems to work in my favor one way or another.

Plus it's an opportunity to meet interesting, wonderful people--- that is if you don't already have interesting, wonderful company ;)

I love trains, I love Switzerland. Life is grand.