I took the bus from London to Bristol, where I met Dominic.
It was so good to see him as it too, had been a year since I seen him in
Arusha. Upon arrival I dropped my stuff off at his house and then we went out
to the bar with some of his friends. It was so great to catch up and to try an
array of British beers.
Dominic moved back home with his parents after the chaos that was MICATZ in Arusha and not being paid. (I will happily elaborate on the corruption that is MICATZ and Edward one of the most terribly selfish and heartless humans) On a more positive note, his parents were so adorable, and his mom was so welcoming. I love staying with families, perhaps as I study families and children in psychology and it always fascinates me to see various different family structures. It's like a window into a different life, and there's never a shortage of love. Also, I just love moms. Always.
My favorite part was definitely the baby meercats because some of them were so tiny and absolutely adorable. (Sidenote: Dominic made an eagle sound and they fled for their lives: nature>nurture)
We also went to the suspension bridge, because after animals,
my second love is bridges, especially ones that suspend ;) They don’t have
bungee jumping, but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

| Banksy |
Bristol has a huge culture of street art, with Banksy one of
the most famous graffiti artists (Exit through the gift shop) who started here
in Bristol. I walked through the main graffiti area with Dom where I had to
chance to see a lot of the new street art. Most of it doesn’t last for more
than a few weeks and is then covered over or tagged, but Banksy’s initial piece
was there and despite the number of tags all over, people have still honored
it.
We spent most of our time in a range of Dominic’s favorite
bars and restaurants chatting it up, as we had a lot of catching up to do. My
favorite was a Jamaican food place that was hosting mic night. Everyone was
incredibly talented and the food was amazing and cheap.
Bristol was brilliant.