Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Wisdom teeth woes


Before:

Tomorrow morning I'm getting my wisdom teeth extracted.  I'M SHAKING IN MY BED.

What am I thinking?  Well I was thinking: I'll be saving money, BIDC has amazing reviews and wonderful service, and I really can't put it off any longer.. so it must be done.

But now I'm not so sure. I mean I'm a million miles away. If I die I wont even be able to speak any last words because they're will be knives in my mouth. They could be discussing selling my organs and such, and I won't even know because they'll be speaking in Thai. and GAHHHHHHH. What am I going to survive on, coconut milk??

We've invented skype, facebook, whatsapp.. the virtual world has created an endless range of opportunities to contact loved ones at a distance, but WHY ISN'T THERE A VIRTUAL HAND HOLDING APP. I need my mom's hand. Like really. 

Yeppp. send me some prayers. THIS IS THE END.

After:


Okay, so I thought I might need to apologize for my dramatic post, but it truly was very dreadful, so my fear was quite appropriate. Yes, the service was amazing and they were so nice. But, apparently my teeth were really complicated and the roots were curved, so it was a really difficult, TIME CONSUMING procedure. It was supposed to take around an hour and it took over THREE hours!

How do I know this? Because I was awake for the entire procedure. They had local anaesthetic, but they didn't have access to any type of sedation. Which for out of all people, they probably needed (I'm sure they wanted me to have it more than I wanted to have it). I was on the verge of kicking and screaming. But hey at least I couldn't FEEL any pain. Just immense pressure and pulling. I was seriously terrified they were going to break my jaw, they were pulling, pulling, pulling!

Thank goodness for my ipod and Paper Kites, or I might not have made it.

They did at least give some decent pain pills, so even though directly after I was rocking on my bed, the pain has eased up. 

Now 24 hours later, I am still alive. But am living in fear of tearing my stitches or getting dry socket. 

And truly the most impossible part, is being here in Thailand and being restricted to my bed when there is SO much to see and do. These Thai commercials and soaps are driving me insane and a girl can only watch so much BBC. 

On the bright side, they do bring me chocolate ice cream and other western wise tooth delicacies straight to my door. So all in all, I think I'll be okay. 
chocolate ice cream, tomatoe soup, and mashed potatoes
day by day. day by day. Soon I can go out and play.