Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Why flight delays are the best thing ever.


So as a result of an hour and a half flight delay with British airways, I missed my connecting flight and found myself spending the night at London Heathrow Airport.

Okay, definitely not the plan and it did include the stress of rushing and even some tears, but I’ll take it.

British Airways put me up in the swankiest hotel complete with a two-course room service meal and a television in the bathtub.

They also put me on a direct flight to Thai airways, which turned out amazing, as not only did I avoid another unnecessary stop over, but it was an incredible airline with wonderful service and an array of movies.

I also ended up with the last row of the plane, which who knew could be the best thing ever. I had a massive amount of room and if I reclined my seat I didn’t feel incredibly guilty, as no one was there!

I ended up sitting by a 75 year old man from Wales on route to holiday in Chiang Mai. He was so kind and kept dropping little bits of advice and insisting I be careful. He also loved sneaking away and coming back with food and drink to give me. He kept bringing me free juice and sandwiches. He was seriously so adorable, I’m even convinced it was my own grandfather in a Welsh body, insisting I “take it easy”.

So here I am in Bangkok. It’s 6am and I’m going to bed.

I’m feeling a wee bit terrified, but let the adventures begin.